Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One A Week Reviews: An Update

So, I've been off-line a lot lately...

At the beginning of the year I set a simple goal for myself with this blog - to try and knock out one movie review a week. I love writing them, and a few dear souls (you know who you are) are kind enough to enjoy perusing them. Sure, some are re-purposed work from DVD Snapshot and Exploitation Retrospect, but it's still my writing, and it's fun for me. I also set a goal that I'd do 31 Horror reviews for October, which I did a couple years ago and enjoyed immensely.

These were small goals, but I felt they were manageable. Well, the best laid plans of mice and blogs...

I've been a busy boy, with a busy summer and a career change. I moved into social media, which has been demanding and rewarding, but very time consuming. A modicum of free time, and creativity turned primarily in the service of clients, lead to Big Lug Land falling a bit by the wayside. By a tardy Week #30, I'd stalled out completely.

I'll be catching up this week, to bring myself back up to this weekend, which will be #38. As I've been banking some reviews for October over the year, I also plan to engage in the daily October reviews. Many sites do this, and I say the more the merrier! It was fun for me last time I did it, and I regret not joining in last year.

So, Big Lug Land is getting back on schedule, and I'll also be returning to my original purpose for the blog. Opinion and personal pieces along with the reviews I have so much fun writing.

Thank you to everyone who's stuck with me through the many ups and downs lately, especially my Chris, my "Halloween People," and my Twitter peeps. I'm back, and I look forward to properly engaging with all of you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment