Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sedentary Centenary

Well, it's my centenary, this makes post number 100. I've got some notes to put up on the joy that was the trip to Chicago (it really IS my kind of town), Pitchfork, pictures, and all kinds of odds and ends... stay tuned .

In brief, I had a fabulous time. Really great. I got to see great old friends, make a few new ones, and catch lots of music. We had beer and festival food and got some sun. I saw a Tiffany Dome and had a Bloody Mary made out of beer. By Sunday I knew which train I needed to take.

I have to admit it was kind of disappointing to come back from the festival... the ride into seeing the Cincinnati skyline is just a tad unimpressive after leaving behind Chicago's. No offense... but Cincy just isn't working hard enough for me to make up for what it lacks in size.

Anyhow, I only have a 3 day layover here before I jaunt off to Orlando, so I hope to get my notes here and some photos up over at The Jayboy Mansion. These things just take time and I don't know how much of it I'll have free.

One of the best things about a music festival, though, is the music. I rediscovered Missions of Burma and Public Enemy, and got tastes of new faves like !!!, Dizzie Rascal, and The Hold Steady.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!

    Man, you blogged up real quick-like!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete