Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Needing a break but taking too much of one

It's hard to admit when you need a break or a change. I'm afraid I need to not only admit it, but shout it from the rooftops.

I've spent a 3-day run completely unstimulated at work and vegging at home. I'm caught up on work, the house however needs work, but a lack of motivation has me planted in front of the boob tube. I even have trouble getting around to logging on here. I'm wistfully longing for the trip to Chicago next week like a kid a expecting Christmas.

This is not good. The brain is going to turn to mush. I'm even feeling guilty about the "Brain Candy" book I'm reading and want to suddenly reach for that damn Howard Zinn that's sitting on the bookshelf, taunting me with it's "I'm educational and interesting, but I'm 800 pages of small type and your lazy ass just can't handle that..."

Also, I'm realizing that I'm not sure how much I should really expound on just how unstimulated I am right now, since, well, when you're resume is out you can never be too sure who's googling you. Actually, I just googled me. You can get to plenty of stories about me and Ken and the lawsuit. There's also linkedin, Facebook, and this little flattering piece of brilliance:



Actually it loops back around and I realize I'm not sure I'd want a prospective employer seeing this... but I wear my heart on my sleeve and I have to be taken as found.

So, okay, I'm not sure what to do about the lack of career satisfaction besides network and regroup. The house has a showing Sunday, so it's gotta get cleaned. I guess it's time to kill the television and break out the Zinn.

No comments:

Post a Comment